Dr. Andrew Madson
Dr. Madson is a board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. He completed a B.A. in Chemistry from Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minnesota, and attended the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. Upon completion of his dental degree, Dr. Madson entered the United States Air Force through which he began a residency in advanced general dentistry. He then completed his Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency at San Antonio Military Medical Center.
Prior to entering private practice, Dr. Madson served over ten years active duty in the United States Air Force. His first assignment as an oral surgeon was at Royal Air Force Lakenheath near Cambridge, England. In addition to working on the Air Force Base, he had the opportunity to work regularly in the United Kingdom’s National Health System at the University of Cambridge Medical Center. His final assignment was at Langley Air Force Base in Hampton, Virginia. He was appointed Associate Professor at the Uniformed Services Health Science University where he taught U.S. Air Force general dentistry residents.
While he enjoys full scope oral and maxillofacial surgery, Dr. Madson is specifically interested in orthognathics, implant reconstruction, dentoalveolar surgery, anesthesia, and caring for patients with facial cleft deformities. He has lectured nationally and internationally on a variety of topics including tissue engineering, implant reconstruction, pathology, and cosmetic surgery. He has also published professional journal articles on research concerning wartime facial injuries, management of combat facial burns, and oral pathology.
Dr. Madson and his wife, Amy, enjoy living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest as they raise their two sons. In his free time, Dr. Madson enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, music, fitness, outdoor activities, and involvement in their church congregation.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Washington State Dental Association
- Thurston and Lewis County Dental Societies
- BLS (Basic Life Support)
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
- Active Staff, Providence St. Peter Hospital, Olympia, Washington