Austin J. Rubel, D.D.S.
Dr. Austin Rubel is proud to be a member of South Sound Oral Surgery. He was raised in Washington’s Olympic Peninsula. After earning his Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry and his Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from Gonzaga University, he moved to Seattle to pursue a career in dentistry. He attended the University of Washington where he obtained his D.D.S. at the UW School of Dentistry. He then completed his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Dr. Rubel is a board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. Dr. Rubel joined our practice in 2015 and is very happy to return to the Olympic Northwest.
Dr. Rubel appreciates practicing a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgical procedures. He has particular interest in orthognathic surgery for jaw deformities, facial cleft and craniofacial surgery, facial and gingival esthetic surgery, as well as dental implant reconstruction.
Dr. Rubel enjoys spending time with his family, being outdoors in the Northwest, and cheering for the Seahawks and the Gonzaga Bulldogs.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Washington State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Washington State Dental Association
- President, Lewis County Dental Society
- Strasbourg Osteosynthesis Research Group
- BLS (Basic Life Support)
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
- Providence St. Peter Hospital, Olympia, Washington
- Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital, Tacoma, Washington
- Mary Bridge Maxillofacial Review Board, Tacoma, Washington
AWARDS AND HONORS:
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- Student Clinician Program Award in Research
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Implant Award