Checklist for after surgery
Checklist: Safe at Home Alone
For your safety, you MUST have an adult (18 years or older) drive you home and stay with you after your procedure. We recommend that a responsible adult stay with you overnight on the day of the procedure.
At home, complete this checklist to find out when it is safe for you to be left alone.
You are safe when you can check that ALL items are true.
- My pain is under control
- I am not nauseated (sick to my stomach) or vomiting (throwing up)
- I am drinking liquids like water, juice, tea, sports drinks, soda or broth without nausea or vomiting
- I have all my medications and know how and when to take them
- I have all the medical supplies and equipment I need
- I am not dizzy when lying down, sitting or getting up
- I am able to get to the bathroom and back safely
- I am able to urinate (pee)
- I do not see signs of bleeding or swelling beyond what I was told to expect
- I can get to a telephone and use it
- I know who and what number to call if I have questions or need help (911 for emergency)
South Sound Oral Surgery’s numbers to call are:
Centralia: (360) 736-0715
DuPont: (253) 579-0000
Olympia: (360) 456-5678