Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Sedation / GENeRal ANESTHESIA
- You may not have anything to eat or milk for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment. The only exception is water which you may have up to (2) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you wear false nails, be sure to remove the false nails that are on your index fingers.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with our doctors prior to your surgical date for instructions to determine if you should take your normal medications.