Jason C. Strange, DMD
Dr. Jason Strange is a board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and proud to be a member of South Sound Oral Surgery. He completed a B.S. in Biology from William Carey University in Hattiesburg, MS and attended the University of Mississippi School of Dentistry. Upon completion of his dental degree, Dr. Strange entered the United States Army and completed a one year Advanced Education in General Dentistry program in Landstuhl, Germany. Dr. Strange completed his training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Womack Army Medical Center, Ft. Bragg, North Carolina in 2005.
Dr. Strange served in the US Army obtaining the rank of Colonel and retired in the summer of 2019. He deployed in support of the NATO forces to Kosovo as a general dentist in 2000. Dr. Strange also deployed in support of the 14th Combat Support Hospital during Operation Enduring Freedom and served as a Theater Consultant for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, in Afghanistan, Jul 2006 -Jan 2007. His career culminated, serving as the Chief and Residency Program Director for the residency program located at Joint Base Lewis McChord.
While he enjoys full scope oral and maxillofacial surgery, Dr. Strange is specifically interested in orthognathics, and dentoalveolar surgery. He has lectured nationally and internationally on a variety of topics.
Dr. Strange and his wife, Angela, enjoy living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest as they raise their son. In his free time, Dr. Strange enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, outdoor recreation, and involvement in their church. He looks forward to serving the communities in the South Sound for a very long time.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Dental Association
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Washington State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Washington State Dental Association
- Thurston/Mason and Lewis County Dental Societies
- BLS (Basic Life Support)
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
- Active Staff, Providence St. Peter Hospital, Olympia, Washington